Thursday, March 19, 2009

Red rocks = Red shoes

We got up and Linda realized it was going to be another hot day, so we headed north to the red rocks of Sedona. We had a nice lunch on a outdoor patio overlooking the massive red rock formations, and then headed out for a hike. We went up a beautiful walk up to a vista overlooking a valley and I was just amazed at the beauty of Sedona.When done and covered in the red dust, we headed back down to town to my favorite shopping area, Tlaquepaque. It's full of really awesome sculpture and beautiful views, and the shopping is pretty nice too.



I have to say a huge thank you to Linda, as such a wonderful host!!! I have been here for 2 days and see so much already and just had a fantastic time. I drove us back the 100 miles in the dark, and what about an adrenaline rush, driving through the mountains and valleys of the desert... anyone who knows me well, knows I'm a bit of a wuss about driving places I have never been, but it was fun.If you have not been here yet in your life, you must come and visit, what a wonderful mix of amazing nature, cool shopping, and beautiful art. Just remember when going to Sedona, you will get red dust on your shoes...and your pants...and pretty much everywhere...BUT IT'S WORTH IT.

0 comments:

Post a Comment